Another introduction

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mr_magicfingers

May 15, 2012
London
Hello all,

I've lurked around this place for a while and thought I should join and say hello.

I spent a lot of my youth out camping, climbing, walking etc amongst the hills of UK and Europe. I've spent a few months in the past doing fieldwork in Africa, just two of us, a landrover and the wide open spaces. In recent years though I've been stuck in the city and pining for the fjords countryside. My girlfriend hasn't really done much camping in the past though she went to a school in the countryside and spent most of that time outdoors. Some recent trips have introduced her to the joys of glamping and then camping (softly does it :) ) and we're both interested in learning more woodlore/foraging type things.

We live in a flat in town without only a small balcony and have considered buying a little piece of woodland to escape to at the weekends, getting away from the city and our jobs, but are also considering a more permanent move into the countryside and exploring a few possibilities along those lines.

Nice to be here.

J.

mr_magicfingers

May 15, 2012
London
Hello J! Welcome to the Forum, a decent level of cooking can help smooth the way from glamping to a lighter camp:)

You're absolutely right about that, she was amazed at the food I conjured over an open fire: Paella, steak with chorizo & rocket salad, traditional goulash, full fried breakfast, blueberry pancakes. I think it was a big help in her enjoying the trips away. Only problem now is that I have to keep raising the stakes :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE