Another intro.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brynglas

Hi,

Just found the sit this week and am really impressed. I thought it better to introduce myself,as many of the postings seem to be from an experienced bunch of regular contributors.

I live in West Wales and am lucky enough to be in a fantastic patch of ancient oak and beech woodland, no industrial management, just old coppicing skills down the generation, six acres of this woodland is mine which I coppice yearly to keep me in heating through the year. This area is also able to keep me stocked with plenty of wild food through the year, from the current crop of ramsons, through hazel, sloe, rowan and squirrels to some really good fungi and elders in the autumn.

Having been involved in the outdoors for years and coming form at least two generations of 'illicit anglers' I have always taken what we now call bushcraft for granted. I do think however that the resurgence in attention to the outdoors over the past few years is fantastic as I believe that many of these ancient skills which are being re-learnt by many are extremely important and need to remain in usage to be passed on down the generations, I know that I learnt some extremely useful tricks from my grandmother who was a mean poacher!

It was good to see the posting relating to the Mynydd Du, as that's where I grew up and lived until quite recently, still one of the finest mountain areas in Wales, which you can have days to yourself even in midsummer, fantatsic.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, great site, first class information and a fantastic resource.

Da Iawn a pob Hwyl!!!

bryngals

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Croeso Brynglas!

Welcome to BCUK :wave: Wales is becoming well represented here on BCUK. It great to see so many here from such a small place.

:chill:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Croeso :biggthump Your a lucky man having your own woodlamd to play with. Sounds like you will have alot to contribute here.

Enjoy :)
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE