Another bush buddy crosses the rainbow bridge

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
R.I.P. Tommy.....born: Jan 2000.............adopted :3/1/2003.................died: 26/3/2013;

Some of you may have read my thread last week informing you that I had to have one of my dogs put to sleep. Well folks a double whammy for me as I put my other dog to sleep this evening. It has been on the cards for some time now as he has had a number of health issues over the last few months & following an ultra-sound examination of his prostate this evening,( he had obvious discomfort in his hind quarters,) the vet found it abnormally large with at least 4 tumours attached, Given the state of his general health I decided to end it there & then rather than wait until he was wailling with pain in a few days or a weeks time.

He was the dog I had always dreamed of having..........................what a lucky man I am to have had him.

R.I.P my beautiful boy.
DSCF8558.jpg

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
That's terrible. I really loved the pictures you showed of him. He was lucky to have had an owner that loved him. All the best to you.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm so very sorry for your trouble.......................words just can't get near it, eh? All the very best to you, mac

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh Wolf,

So sorry man, both in such a short time is awful and Tommy as you you say was the dog you always wanted. You've done the best for him as he no doubt always did for you. But it's hard. Nothing I can say but I've been there with my pal Snoop. And that it does help to talk about it. You're going to feel lost but remember that you gave him the ultimate gift of freedom from pain and suffering, which he'll repay when you see him again.

Thoughts are with you,
GB

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
They didn't have to miss each other long, sadly for you... I hope you can dream of their spirits playing together again to bring you solace and that they visit with you often, scampering through the woodland just out of sight, but there with you in your mind x

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Aww man.... One is heartbreaking, but two.... My thoughts are with you friend, they just had more important stuff to do elsewhere. Keep strong Bro!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Sorry to hear of your loss. Ours passed 3 years ago now, and looking back, I can console myself with the fact that he led an excellent life.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
I'm really sorry for your losses. They leave such huge holes in our lives when they pass away. Words aren't adequate for feelings at times like these. You have lost two close friends - give yourself and your emotions plenty of time to grieve and adjust. It will take time, don't rush it, they deserve it.

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
Our sympathies are with you. My partner and I have a cat that we adore and I had a dog for 18 years that had to be put down.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE