Another batch of Orangyness

This is the DSK blade as it was originally commissioned by Chris Smart "Smarty" of Survival Wisdom as a no nonsense/frills emergency Tin knife

O1 steel Sharp Scandi edge full size handle no scales top edge on the blade sharpened as a scraper edge at 5 deg encased in Duracoat to wait in the tin till called upon

The Wisdom Edge

Orangey.jpg

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
cool - I guess the orange coating is to protect it till needed than it just 'wears' off in use

I like it! - don't want or need one but I like it anyway! ;)

does the coating interfere with sharpening a great deal?

stuart

for bushcraft use yes you need to remove it from the bevel to sharpen properly

but these are Survival Tin blades and its supplied with a bladetec sharpener that quickly and easily gives a sharp edge
once rescued they would be binned

heres the post last year when i got the prototypes done

which Smarty had been giving a good kicking in the dessert

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61057&highlight=Tango

ATB

Duncan

Last edited:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.....supplied with a bladetec sharpener that quickly and easily gives a sharp edge
once rescued they would be binned.....

supplied with the bladetech sharpener makes perfect sense to my mind

i like these a lot, expect a PM from me the next time i've got a bit of spare cash

stuart

supplied with the bladetech sharpener makes perfect sense to my mind

i like these a lot, expect a PM from me the next time i've got a bit of spare cash

stuart

this particular version is only available from Survival Wisdom this batch will be off to them this week

Ive got the sample i was abusing in the previous thread if you would like to have a play with it for a couple of weeks

ATB

Duncan

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
this particular version is only available from Survival Wisdom this batch will be off to them this week

Ive got the sample i was abusing in the previous thread if you would like to have a play with it for a couple of weeks

ATB

Duncan

thanks for that duncan, i'll take you up on that offer, new sharp things are always welcome

PM inbound

stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE