Another Aldi heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
bloke in the pub reckons that aldi and lidls founders are brothers . . is that true or just another Jack the truth tale?

According to Times Online it's not true:
There are 285 Aldi stores (www.aldi.co.uk) in the UK. The German discount chain started as a single small food shop in 1946, run by the brothers Karl and Theo Paul Albrecht.
While about Lidl:
It was founded in Germany in the 1930s by a member of the Schwarz family.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
aldi is one of those stores that just surprises you sometimes. the other month they put a load of cycling stuff out and it was fantastic!
i'll be there on thurs getting a maul hehe
pete

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
aldi is one of those stores that just surprises you sometimes. the other month they put a load of cycling stuff out and it was fantastic!
i'll be there on thurs getting a maul hehe
pete

I got some of their bike stuff too. I'm especially pleased with the lightweight two-way pump that was a fraction of the price of the ones in Halfords. I thought it wouldn't work properly and break in no time but it has even survived being used by my son!

D

Deleted member 4605

Picked up an axe, maul and jerry can this morning, and happy with them all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE