Anorak

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Recently completed Ventile anorak, featuring no-loss bellows breast pockets, kangaroo pocket, 3-piece hood with wired peak option and internal waist drawstring adjustment.

Quite a bit of new ground to cover in this one, but after a lot of thought and messing with scraps of cloth, I'm happy with the result.

Anorak1.jpg Anorak2.jpg Anorak3.jpg Anorak4.jpg

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
You Sir, have surpassed yer Sen, great work :thumbup: which pockets that fancy camo wallet in ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Thank you for your generous comments, they are very much appreciated.

Have you done it in single Ventile?

Yes, it is an unlined single layer of Ventile L24 in shade 'Earth'.

How long did it take?

Hard to say, really. I started with a handful of photos and a few measurements and a fortnight later I had what you see above, but I had a few days off in that fortnight, had another big sewing job on the go at the same time, plus a couple of minor ones, lost a couple of days waiting for stuff to arrive. In and amongst, I made the thing itself; made a pattern, made a rough mock-up & tried it for fit, adjusted pattern as requisite, laid it out , cut it & sewed it up.

Last edited:

Silverclaws

Forager
Jul 23, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
I had a ventile coat, the double ventile survival aids arctic ranger that was until my mum decided it was too grubby and threw it out, but you can't beat the old anorak, the likes of which seem scarce these days, but maybe there is a way, make it yourself, and so Excellent on what you have done, it does give some inspiration as I have a couple of sewing machines I need to learn how to use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE