Anodised ali pot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
Just recieved a BCB anodised ali crusader pot,when i opened the parcel up i noticed loads of scratches on the front of the pot,i'm not bothered about the look of the thing,i just thought that anodised wouldn't scratch,and would it make any difference to the usage of the pot.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
I have a FOUR DOG STOVE Mors pot. It's anodized. I decided to recreate his survival pot and manhandle a bowsaw blade inside. first I almost took an eye out when it popped out on me and noticed the tiny bite marks of the teeth in the anodizing. No, it won't cause a cataclysmic failure
cooking a cuppa the third time you use it. use and the invariable boo boos will add more. It is a little frustrating to receive one 'distressed' like a pair of stone washed jeans or cheap furniture trying to look antique.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I recently got an old Mors pot too and it's scratched a bit. I think it was done with a stainless steel fork just by normal use.

I think it doesn't matter.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
destroyed mine a while back in a test. Hated it kept burning my fingers every time I used it even for quick brews. Handle position or material. Tried bending it in my hand and it did far too easy. Imagine it happening accidentally outdoors. Thankfully went back to my trusty faithful crusader mk1 which I used for everything.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
You broke the BCB aluminium mug just with your hands?

Probably a reason to send back the scratched one and to ask for a stainless steel version?

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Yep bend it quite easily as well and it began to fracture at the edge, after many attempts to use it and like it thought I would see if it was good old soldier proof answer definitely not.
Imagine being outdoors falling over and you Pan bending

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The shape usually is protected by the bottle that reinforces the mug if carried around, but anyway that's obviously a bad construction, that should be avoided.

Thank you for the information!

I suggest that you write about it an own short review that people better can find it.
We have a review collection in this forum.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Trouble is throw it away probably a year ago no photos of the damage. It was how hot the metal got compared to the mk1 was my biggest gripe, especially when out camping burnt blistered fingers were a downer. Wish they would have stuck to the mk1 crusader and not try to improve on it there was no need.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The stainless steel mug and stove seem to stay in production and informed people usually recommend the issued Osprey bottle.

I really think you should write a short review if you find the time. We don't need photos of your burned fingers and the broken mug. Who isn't able to read doesn't use this forum anyway.

I mean you don't need to write much more than you already wrote here. I just mean that it should be written under the right headline in the review section.

The set isn't cheap and people surely think about if they should get the issued steel or lightweight aluminium version, and they probably search for reviews in our review section before they buy.
If you inform them, they can save a lot of money. But hidden in this thread nobody will find it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE