Annual Summer Camp where are you going?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Here in Ireland it is as I am sure it is with most scout troops around the world tradition to have an annual summer camp. This year our troop went to Cork but I unfortunately was not able to attend as it was the week after my course.

Next year it will be Venture scout expedition with the new group I'm setting up in September so I looking for something special.

So where have you been or where are you going?

What was the best summer camp you have been on and why?

Also whats your thought on a winter camp? :chill: Not somthing that really done here but I would really like to get it going?

You thoughts are welcome
James :pack:

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
My troop doesn't have a summer camp this year, and even if it did I wouldn't have the leave allowance to go :-(

Several troops in my District do a lot of winter camping, and they seem to enjoy it. On a related note, the Winter Camp at Gilwell (traditionally the 2nd weekend of January) is always fun!

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
My troop doesn't have a summer camp this year, and even if it did I wouldn't have the leave allowance left to go :cry:

Several troops in my District do a lot of winter camping, and they seem to enjoy it. On a related note, the Winter Camp at Gilwell (traditionally the 2nd weekend of January) is always fun!

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
womble wrote[Several troops in my District do a lot of winter camping, and they seem to enjoy it. On a related note, the Winter Camp at Gilwell (traditionally the 2nd weekend of January) is always fun![/QUOT

And always wet and Muddy !!!

Off to Buddens this weekend, we have alreay done Spring Junior and Senior camps this year so this is the last 'official' camp. We have a couple of weekend camps in the planning for later on this year with just hike tents and minimal gear for the Scouts. Apart from that it's Gilwell, if you are going Womble look us up, 10th Harpenden.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE