Animal traps found in woods

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Found one of these in my local wood. It turned out to be covering a hole with a plastic cup in. then there was another 20 yards further down, and 5 more equally spaced.

So I guess it's for some sort of survey, newts maybe?

3e386c34-4a27-f455.jpg

The one I disturbed I replaced as found.

M

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Cool, some smart **** left a rubber snake under one of my reptile refugia once. It was a big rattlesnake and scared the poop outta me.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
One of my lectures said he set up a trial using white ceramic tiles thinking they would be easier to find, and some one went round breaking every one

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
One of my lectures said he set up a trial using white ceramic tiles thinking they would be easier to find, and some one went round breaking every one

These were really obvious, glinting away in the sun. Appealed to the inner magpie. If you really want it to be ignored use a flattened beer can.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hehehe. You get some strange looks when you are surveying, that's for sure. The official line herpetologists are told to give when surveying for snakes and confronted, is - I'm birdwatching! This is to stop people persecuting any snakes in that area. But for Godsakes, how many birdwatchers look intently at the ground by their feet all the time? None that I know of. They all look into the sky and up in trees.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
lol I was taking soil sample got asked the standard what are you doing so tempting to say its for the new Multi storey car park. You should have seen the reserve managers face when I told him that I had said that ,it was just too tempting to wind him up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE