Angry Squirrels

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
A slightly less funny but true story which happened to me the other day:

I was walking through Princes Street gardens in Edinburgh a few Saturdays ago, trying to avoid the crush of shoppers on Princes St. The parks people were out in force, moving lawns, strimming grass, digging up plants etc. As its getting towards winter, the squirrels are out in force, knowing that tourists/people with children will come along and feed them nuts.

Anyway, there's this little girl, maybe 3 years old, who has a handful of peanuts, and is feeding squirrels. Then she gets this idea to tempt the squirrel towards her with nuts, then scream and chase it at the last minute. After a while most of the squirrels get the idea, and stay well clear.

Anyway, this one squirrel, who has probably missed out on learning about this dangerous monster-child, comes down a tree right behind her, and notices the peanuts. He goes for the nut in her hand, and suddenly she's screaming and chasing him. Anyway he panics, and darts off at high speed... towards the guy strimming the edge of the lawn. All I can say is that in a battle between a petrol strimmer and a squirrel, the strimmer wins. Oh, and gardeners and small children have a dislike of being showered in pieces of squirrel! :yikes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE