Andes camping gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Yep...am not much of a sewer, sower, sewwer.......you know what I mean ;) So that's a road I don't like to go down.
I'm learning slowly but not much cop myself. So long as the straps hold though that'll do for me

FlashPan

Forager
Sep 7, 2015
Norf London
Mine arrived at work this morning. Again as everyone else has said for £20 I don't think you can grumble.....that being said....:p and being fully aware it's only £20 here are my immediate thoughts after looking it over.

Cons:

Wish the side pockets were a bit bigger depth wise.
One of fast buck straps at the bottom are the wrong way round, so I have to twist the webbing to click it together (no biggy just a mistake a the factory I reckon)
Lack of extra mounts/hanging points (even for webbing straps)
As some of the pockets are bit small the zips a a little fiddly to get to (but that would most likely be fixed with breaking in).
The drawstring top to close the main compartment has no brass eyelet between the cord and the material. Can see that fraying.
Metal vent holes at the bootom left right of the bag. Could let in a water as it is just a disk with holes in it (you can easily block it up if desired).

Pros:
Lots os areas (if not most) seem to have been double or box stitched
The bag at the bottom looks like it'll hold the Polish lavvu fine.
Waist and sternum straps
Plastic d-ring on the padded shoulder straps
2 webbing loops at the botom of the bag at the back. Maybe to fix a roll mat into? Although the straps do look a little small for that.
Handle on top for easy hanging/carrying.

So far am thinking this will be an "occasional" use bag or my BOB and am still very happy with it.

If anyone does any mods on this please share/upload pics?

Cheers

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Mine arrived at work this morning. Again as everyone else has said for £20 I don't think you can grumble.....that being said....:p and being fully aware it's only £20 here are my immediate thoughts after looking it over.

Cons:

Wish the side pockets were a bit bigger depth wise.
One of fast buck straps at the bottom are the wrong way round, so I have to twist the webbing to click it together (no biggy just a mistake a the factory I reckon)
Lack of extra mounts/hanging points (even for webbing straps)
As some of the pockets are bit small the zips a a little fiddly to get to (but that would most likely be fixed with breaking in).
The drawstring top to close the main compartment has no brass eyelet between the cord and the material. Can see that fraying.
Metal vent holes at the bootom left right of the bag. Could let in a water as it is just a disk with holes in it (you can easily block it up if desired).

Pros:
Lots os areas (if not most) seem to have been double or box stitched
The bag at the bottom looks like it'll hold the Polish lavvu fine.
Waist and sternum straps
Plastic d-ring on the padded shoulder straps
2 webbing loops at the botom of the bag at the back. Maybe to fix a roll mat into? Although the straps do look a little small for that.
Handle on top for easy hanging/carrying.

So far am thinking this will be an "occasional" use bag or my BOB and am still very happy with it.

If anyone does any mods on this please share/upload pics?

Cheers

Only just seen your reply. Aye I can't deny the webbing is short and that's something I've extended. The bottom compartment is handy for food or spare boots and I hang my sleeping bag onto that lower webbing. I've looped paracord around the zipper pulls too to make them a little easier to open. I get you on the vent hole things I sort of understand where they're coming from with it being breathable if you're putting wet kit into it but seems like it would Let water in. Mind you mine hasn't yet. One major problem I've had with it is the amount of dead space, i.e. pockets that are nigh unusable and end up housing random objects simply because they fit.
Still all in all it suits my own needs fine and replaced a much more expensive Spartan. Molle straps wouldn't have gone a miss but honestly I don't fill it as it is. Mine had the brass eyelet though. Perhaps different models?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE