an interesting Solo option

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
While this is a bit on the heavy side ( 9lbs) it sets up very fast and can be opened to the fire if needed. I haven't been out in the rain with it, but being canvas, I am sure its OK, I still would tarp it though as wet canvas is a bugger to pack up.It did great this last week though as I was out hunting, and the Temperature dropped to -10 c both nights, so opening to the fire was very nice.
IMG_2352_edited-1.jpg

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
Looks good

Did you carry it far?
I'd certainly use it for car camping with a short walk in.

I drove in with my truck, hard to carry a 200lb deer , 600 lb Elk, or 1200lb Moose 200kms back to Edmonton. lol. Anyway, for boat, horse, or vehicle, I am happy with my purchase.
Getting a bit too cold though, so in 2 weeks, when I go out again I will be taking this:
MynewTent.jpg

with a wood stove. less work to stay comfortable, so more time to be in the field hunting. That and I am getting Old.lol:)

Apparently you can join several of these Dutch cammo tents together side by side to create bigger tents just like the UK issue 4 man arctic tunnel tents that can be zipped together to make for example a command tent or forward field hospital tent.

I really like these but suspect in prolonged wet weather they would be pretty uncomfortable to live in although I dare say you get more head room in this than those Polish teepee'sfor sleeping. I love both but would hate to live in them for an extended period.

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
Apparently you can join several of these Dutch cammo tents together side by side to create bigger tents just like the UK issue 4 man arctic tunnel tents that can be zipped together to make for example a command tent or forward field hospital tent.

I really like these but suspect in prolonged wet weather they would be pretty uncomfortable to live in although I dare say you get more head room in this than those Polish teepee'sfor sleeping. I love both but would hate to live in them for an extended period.

Yes they can be joined together, and I agree about the prolonged soaking. That being said the floor is a very heavy ( I want to say ) rubber? so no issue there, put a tarp over top perfect. This winter I plan to install some mosquito netting for the summer as it doesn't have any.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
:confused:
how are they joined together? (i assume it's buttons or laces) they appear to onlyhave one side entrance.

It's a fantastic idea, I remember in scouts in bad weather we'd attach the scout "issue" kitchen tent (a canvas tarp) on the front of the tent so we could cook under cover.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
how are they joined together? (i assume it's buttons or laces) they appear to onlyhave one side entrance.

It's a fantastic idea, I remember in scouts in bad weather we'd attach the scout "issue" kitchen tent (a canvas tarp) on the front of the tent so we could cook under cover.

The Dutch army used to use these so called 'puptents'. They where placed (usually) next to eachother in pairs and zipped together.

Currently, AFAIK, they are binned (too heavy) and soldiers use (in the field) poncho's, bivvy bags and Hilleberg Nallo 2 tents (Special Forces in arctic conditions).
MOD also works on SMP (Soldier Modernisation Program): it's all about new kit. On this topic: each soldier will be issued with a hooped bivvy bag (think snugpack stratosphere and carinthia bags) & modulair sleeping bag.

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can

both sides can be fully opened.;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE