an inexpensive alternative to camellia oil and very transportable ?

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
hi all, I have been looking at an inexpensive way of making an anti- corrosive solution / paste to put on my axes, knives or even garden tools. so I have come up with this.
first of all you need to take a bimble to your local shop, wilko, aldi, lidel, poundshop, and buy a small canister of 3 in 1 lubricant oil, then a small 20g lip salve/ balm of petroleum jelly for the canister. also one will need some pure beeswax. once home, scoop the petroleum cream out and keep it in an another small jar for later use, and clean and dry the 20g canister. then fill it up half way with the 3 in 1 oil and gently warm the oil, then drop in the beeswax and let melt gently together for a few minutes and keep mixing the solution together, but do not boil the mixture at no cost, otherwise the 3 in 1 oil will start to evaporate. let it cool down and there you have a consistency similar to petroleum jelly, and you only need a small dab with your small pinky for your axes and knives, non sticky, runny or messy and will last a lifetime with a pleasant smell as well.

INGREDIENTS ARE;

3 in1 Oil cost under £2
Lip Balm cost under £1
Pure beeswax, Obtainable from TENGU, many thanks TENGU.
About half a small tea spoon of Pure Beeswax.

there you have it, give it a go and it won't break the bank, should last a lifetime.

cheers the interceptor boy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE