An afternoon with the dogs. pic heavy!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
My mum is staying at the, so decided to leave the nippers in her care and take the idiots out for a wander, we started in culbin forest on a mushroom hunt, i'm only just starting to learn about these( as displayed in another thread:eek:) so i'm still trying to identify them.
DSCF3004.jpg

DSCF3020.jpg

DSCF3015.jpg

DSCF3013.jpg

DSCF3012.jpg

DSCF3011.jpg

DSCF3016.jpg

DSCF3018.jpg

DSCF3019.jpg

DSCF3008.jpg

there were a lot of these little yellow topped chaps.
DSCF3007.jpg

DSCF3010.jpg

and these guys were massive.
DSCF3006.jpg

DSCF3005.jpg

DSCF3004.jpg

some one had left a little wreath and stick for soemthing, the dudes went to investigate.
DSCF2996.jpg

it was raining quite hard and there seemed to be a lot of damaged mushroom tops.Although these looked like they have been nibbled.
DSCF2959.jpg

then we went to Rossisle beech.and climbed a dune.
DSCF3033.jpg

Mukwa and Raker enjoyed a refreshing dip.
DSCF3022.jpg

before climbing another dune to decide wheather to go east of west.
DSCF3038.jpg

we chose to decide when we reached the beach.
DSCF3040.jpg

we decided to head west, this is the first dune we climbed.
DSCF3021.jpg

had a look at a sunken bunker.
DSCF3056.jpg

DSCF3057.jpg

then tried to find some where for a brew.
DSCF3067.jpg

found a little stone look out point, a shelterd from the worst of the wind and rain, and got a brew on.
DSCF3072.jpg

DSCF3069.jpg

three of the tiny little esbit blocks to bring to a rolling boil.
DSCF3071.jpg

DSCF3073.jpg

but as the rain picked up decide to put the dudes in the boot, and drink my brew in comfort.
DSCF3075.jpg
Had a great afternoon out, felt nice and relaxed ready for more madness! thanks for looking at my long and drawn out post, Cheers guys.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Great pictures there Southey, i wish i could find that horeshoe fungus round my way its a bit scare where i go,looks like you had a good time just you and the hounds.
Darren

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Cheers guys, have a look on google earth for kinloss, moray then go north slightly thats the beach, Culbin forest is west over the estury mouth and Rossisle is to the east running up to Burghead, it's a great place well worth the effort to visit, as is the Kimberly pub in Findhorn!!

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Cheers guys, have a look on google earth for kinloss, moray then go north slightly thats the beach, Culbin forest is west over the estury mouth and Rossisle is to the east running up to Burghead, it's a great place well worth the effort to visit, as is the Kimberly pub in Findhorn!!

Need a meet I reckon.

Was at Burghead many moons ago on a twitch.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I would have loved to have met some local bush chaps, but situation conspires against me, iv'e got family help this week then stuffed for two, then family again for two days then wifey home and moving down south, i will be trying to come up as often as i can though we've decided to try and find a house up here, mabey a bit further towards Grantown on spey though. if you guys were to have a meet up here though i'd rekomend rossisle for a couple of nights then a walk to Culbin for another couple. it's great country and pretty quiet, especially off season, youd be hard pressed to pass two people in culbin in a day during winter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE