Amazing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
That hairy part look like external gills (aquatic critter). Don't imagine they are gourmet dining.

Llamas can hork up stomach acid like a camel and spit. Guards here in flocks of livestock.
Not even a grizzly bear will mess with llama. Plus, llama stink like last year's wool socks.

Reactions: Sundowner

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Well, the Chinese Giant Salamander is close to being extinct in the wild so I assume it tastes fine?
But then Swallow (spit) nests are also considered a delicacy....

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Have you even seen Bird's Nest Soup? Steaming stewed mucus coughed up by some tubercular bird?
Just stick to the sea urchin ovaries and you're be fine.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Yes, that is the Swallows spit I mentioned! Would try if I was served it

If I was served the Giant Salamander I would eat that too.

I am the first Whitey that has eaten and enjoyed Iguana here on Island, according to my local friends.
But now it is even served in one restaurant!

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
In early 70’s I used to be sent to a summer camp for refugee children from Bohemia. Kids from all over Europe.
Camp was in a southern Norwegian fjord.
One guy, Laurentius from Italy, used to collect urchins and eat the roa/gonads. First time I saw that. Did not try.
We used to take the Nutella his mum packed into his suitcase from him and eat it. He was short and fat.

Now I do enjoy the gonads, and Nutella. But not at the same time!

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
It's just like skeines of roe from other fishy things. Fried eggs in bacon fat, S&P to taste.
Just feed me foods that I might cook myself. No bird nest, no pork hocks, no chicken feet.
Iguana, I'd try. Probably tastes a lot like alligator (kind of porky with lemon).
I'll passs them all for calimari done well. Nightcrawler earthworm pizza?

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Pork hocks/ foot are very nice. Peasant food.
What is even better is calves foot.

Boil in little water ( pressure cooker) until eveything is tender, pick off soft bits, chop up, mix boiling juices with salt and a little bit of vinegar,
Mix, cool.
A version of headcheese. Sulz in German.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Pork hocks/ foot are very nice. Peasant food.
What is even better is calves foot.

Boil in little water ( pressure cooker) until eveything is tender, pick off soft bits, chop up, mix boiling juices with salt and a little bit of vinegar,
Mix, cool.
A version of headcheese. Sulz in German.
Ooihhh yessss, remember my dad making them, including ears and tails, in jelly with a hint of paprika. Nothing nicer on a hot summer's day when you take a plate full out of the fridge. (Sülze in german)

Reactions: Janne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE