Aly lids for oval SIGG cups.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
As i got asked to make a lid for a Sigg cup i thought id offer them to anyone else who may have one.Only available in aluminium this time.£8pp.Thanks for looking.
PICT2901.jpg

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
hi launditch1,
can I order one please? I think it looks a bit better than my piece of crumpled foil. I'll send you a PM.

cheeers, Basha

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
got mine today, its really good and decent quality.

gave it a boil test to, now bear in mind that the oval sigg cup isnt the best for heat transference imo due to the small surface area in contact with the flame i was very very pleased. Oh and i used a solid meths burner as thats what i use for a pocket brew kit.

It really is worth putting lid on pots when boiling water ( i know we already know but i was surprised at actually how much difference it made)

400ml cold tap water, solid fuel meths burner without lid. rolling boil in a slow 16m 44s

400ml cold tap water, solid meths burner with lid on. rolling bottle in 10m 18s

that was in my kitchen, so i expect the times will be slower in the real world.

worth getting one!

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
got mine today, its really good and decent quality.

gave it a boil test to, now bear in mind that the oval sigg cup isnt the best for heat transference imo due to the small surface area in contact with the flame i was very very pleased. Oh and i used a solid meths burner as thats what i use for a pocket brew kit.

It really is worth putting lid on pots when boiling water ( i know we already know but i was surprised at actually how much difference it made)

400ml cold tap water, solid fuel meths burner without lid. rolling boil in a slow 16m 44s

400ml cold tap water, solid meths burner with lid on. rolling bottle in 10m 18s

that was in my kitchen, so i expect the times will be slower in the real world.

worth getting one!

how hot did the handles get?

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
how hot did the handles get?

i took mine off and use a piece of metal coat hanger bent so that i can slot it up into the handle mounts from underneath so that it protrudes out about 4 inches away from the cup. i just put the cup on to boil then when it is fit the handle bit, the coat hanger wire is small enough gauge that it slots in with no probs, i made the 'handle' bit slightly wider so that there was a spring effect to keep the handle in when you let go of it.

that way i have a cold handle to hold and hot water in the cup!

the original handles get far to hot, prob due to there small size and its hard to keep them out of the flame

can take a pic if you want

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
:)hi launditch1,
my lid arrived today. It is really nicely made and robust too.

It just looks so 'right' with the flask and cup. With my home made windscreen and a mini meths burner or bit of hex fuel I have a very neat little brew/micro cooking system.

Thankyou.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
:)hi launditch1,
my lid arrived today. It is really nicely made and robust too.

It just looks so 'right' with the flask and cup. With my home made windscreen and a mini meths burner or bit of hex fuel I have a very neat little brew/micro cooking system.

Thankyou.

yeah thats wat i thought, really finished my pocket brew kit off!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE