Aluminium Screw Lid Tins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
THose aluminium tins look good though, could stack several tall - 1 for coffee, 1 for tea, 1 for milk, add my swedish folding mug and it should still fir in my 10cm zebra with a cleaning rage stuffed down the side.
Cheers for the link!

Colin

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I got a load of medical specimen jars off eBay, various sizes, 100ml up to 250ml 50 cost me about £7 IIRC. Plastic with metal lids, water and air tight.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Is it safe storing food stuffs (coffee and coffee whitener) in aluminium tins. ...

A lot of drinks and other foodstuffs are sold in aluminium cans, a lot of cooking utensils are aluminium, and aluminium foil is, er, aluminium, so yes, probably it's safe. :)

There have been suggestions that aluminium might be linked to Alzheimer's disease, I don't know if there's a consensus in the medical profession nor if there is, what it might be. A while ago it was almost a scare, but I think even then the evidence wasn't overwhelming.

When I studied materials science at university a lecturer told us about an experiment at a canning factory where he advised them on metal treatments. The idea was to use aluminium cans for baked beans instead of tinned steel cans which is what they're normally sold in. So they made a few thousand cans of beans and got lots of people to try them.

Apparently most people said that they didn't like the taste of aluminium in the food, and the factory told our lecturer about this. He said that this was odd, because aluminium doesn't have any taste.

It turned out that people didn't like that the beans didn't taste of tin, which is what they taste of when they come out of tinned steel cans.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE