alright lads

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
E

e.h.s

alright lads im quite new to the art of bush craft but have always been intrested and messed about with this type of thing im into hunting and falconry aswell.

just wanted to ask is there and essential tips anyone would give me and also has any body got any gear that they dont use that would be able to help me such as spoon knifes ect just anythink at all would be a huge help.

also is there anybody else from arround nottingham area

thanks alot

cheers

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Hi e.h.s,

Such an open ended question :D

It might be helpful if you can prioritise some of the info your after. For example if you want to camp out are you interested in using a hammock or tent or just a bivi bag? There is a mass of info on allthose subjects and a quick search will give you answers to questions you may have not thought about.

Maybe your interested in different stoves, wild food, the list goes on.

Welocme to BCUK, and how about dropping a line in the Introductions and Welcomes thread.

All the best

David

E

e.h.s

cheers mate

i would eventually like to try all of them but at moment have a tent i have a gass cooker but will also be having ago at makeing the tin can and the polish can stoves

i also go ferreting and have ate rabbit ect but what wild plant life it safe to eat except the farmers crops :lmao:

also how much would it cost for a set up of tools the basics ie spoon knife, macheti ect (i have a opinel lock knife)

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
There are couple of good threads worth reading in the loverly grub threads re: wild food, try these for starters;

The edible plant calender this lists some common plants and what parts can be eaten and when

Also have a look at the food articles for recipes for bannock, nettle soup and wild greens.

As for basic kit, you can go expensive or cheap, your opinel is probably all you really need for cutting at the moment. Knife, fork spoon etc either get a little camping set from Millets for £5 or less in large Tesco's, use stuff from home (old ones) or plastic one's you can pick up from fast food places for free.

Important thing is practice your skills in a safe environment (alot of us use the garden) before you need to rely on those skills.

have fun

david

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE