alpkit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chmusar

Apr 5, 2015
uk
My son has a Hunka and it is small but he is only 14 so not a problem but it seams to not breathe at all and wakes up with a soaking wet sleeping bag compared to me in a MSR AC Bivvy bag now there is a large price difference between the 2 but the hunka is relatively cheap and light.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
My son has a Hunka and it is small but he is only 14 so not a problem but it seams to not breathe at all and wakes up with a soaking wet sleeping bag compared to me in a MSR AC Bivvy bag now there is a large price difference between the 2 but the hunka is relatively cheap and light.

This makes me ponder two possibilities. Was he breathing into the bag? Was there any air flow (such as breeze) over the bag?

J

chmusar

Apr 5, 2015
uk
We have been in various conditions ie top of Pen y Fan (very windy) to low lying areas like the forest of Dean and he tends to have his head out of the bag as we normally use a small dd tarp to cover our heads I think it is the material more than how he uses it but as I said you get what you pay for I am sure someone will come along and say they never get any condensation but in our experience there is a lot ,maybe if you went for the hunka xl it might be better

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I'm a "sweaty" person, true bivi bags don't work well for me- I always have a wet bag. Hooped bivvis cracked open work much better for me but of course weigh more in which case you might as well take a tent. Some companies sell bags as breathable which in truth are literally PU coated nylon. These do breathe but nowhere as much as a membrane fabric. I'm guessing the Hunka is a coated nylon bag? (I don't have one.)

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
I have a filo jacket
a brukit
lots of stuff sacks
gourdon30

All excellent

The one I couldnt get on with was the Hunka XL Bivi Think they sent a standard and when I emailed and phoned to ask and check got no help
There is no label to say its an XL and it was very tight on me 6'1 and 15 stone (not that big) so sold it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE