alpkit sleeping bags?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I could be wrong but I always thought it was common knowledge you subscribed to the newsletter for an update on sleepingbags being in stock? That's how I got mine a few years back, a winter bag in the middle of July or something similar.

My down bag is rarely warm in temperate climates but I'm never cold either. I go to sleep and don't get hot or cold but I wake up alive every time regardless of temperature. It's in the dry cold they come into their own...just my personal experience, I sleep cold regardless of what bag I'm in. Wouldn't be without my Alpkit Skyehigh though, I've used it loads in all sorts of weather.

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
I have had an alpkit sky high 800 for around two years and manage through scouting, off roading and camping out with friends probably around 28 nights a year. Last year it ranged from nice and temparate to minus 10, and I have never been cold. For my size as well at 6'8" I must have tried at least 20 for fit and the alpkit was the only one that came close fit wise. So alpkit if your going to improve it great, I may not buy another though as I could never cheat on an old friend, but just in case it gets nicked by the kids, please do continue to make them in a variety of sizes.

Squidders, what were you sleeping on in? It may not be the bag that was the issue. Just a thought.

Cheers

Rich

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Rich,

I did consider my other sleeping arrangements but a Thermarest Dreamtime L just can't be the problem :p

I also made sure in the winter months to have a good meal, nice hot drink and just nothing worked. As I said, weird. New owner is still happy with as far as I know.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE