Alpkit Rig silnylon tarp - due in tomorrow

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Its a shame they dont do these in 3x3's... (for hammocks at-least) I do like it.
Good to know the airlok-xtra's are back in. Great hard wearing drybags if your not a gram counter. I'm just waiting for the Numo's to go black again...

Did they ever do the pipedreams in long? I'll probably stick with the skyhigh's; but was just curious.
Cheers, al.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
IT came out tops in Trail mag tarps I think. Got plenty of attachment points too. I might get one as my Kathmandu Basha (2.5m square, 16 points around the edge and three across the middle for a line or lifters and an offset join) seemed to leak through the fabric. I have had two nights in it now with it being every wet outside and very wet inside too. Big drips falling all over inside the tarp not even when wind blows but the rain just comes through I think. The water isn't even rolling down to the sides but it makes big droplets then falls straight off. Think the sil part of the sil-nylon has gone. Could re-treat with builders silicone diluted with white spirits (what 5:1 or 2:1 you reckon?) perhaps or get a new Alpkit one. If I'm used to the 2.5m square one will I get on with the 2.5m x 1.5m (or close to that) Rig 7 you reckon? Favoured pitch is flying V in good to indifferent weather and a cave type pitch I've worked out for stormy weather. Copes with winds that blow a Hilleberg around a bit.

My cave type pitch has the tarp pegged windward edge one point in then the leeward side is made into an A-frame (high and narrow in good weather or low and wide in bad). Then peg out the rest and tuck the corners in. Also use a pole at the back to lift one of the central line loops up to give more foot space. Its a solid pitch but not sure what you'd call it. Anyway I am not sure a rectangular tarp would give much room like this. What would you think?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just rung them again, the order's arrived but they've not had chance to unbox and audit it yet, should be on the site by 17:30 today

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE