Alpkit Gourdon 30

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AdMan

Mar 19, 2013
Halifax
I was just wondering does to window on the Alpkit Gourdon ever leak and is it any better to get the Gourdon stealthy, does it have any different features other than the window?

Ben98

Forager
Jun 30, 2010
West Yorkshire
The stealthy is exactly the same except for the lack of window, and I cannot see how the window could leak as it is not sewn in, it is part of the fabric
The difference is purely aesthetic, although I ban you from getting the kelp one :p

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 13, 2009
South Wales
The stealthy is exactly the same except for the lack of window, and I cannot see how the window could leak as it is not sewn in, it is part of the fabric
The difference is purely aesthetic, although I ban you from getting the kelp one :p

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

Whats wrong with the kelp one????

Jul 13, 2009
South Wales
He has the kelp one so he doesn't want me to have the same as his.

Ah I see, I thought he was being colourist:rolleyes:, I think they do a Black in the stealth mode??, i've got a stealthy Kelp great bits of kit i've managed to get my kit down to less the 8kgs by using the Gourdon instead of my 65l :cool:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I've got my kit down into the 20 litre gourdon. Felt great with such a small load on my back but reckon I need 30litres. So kelp is the green one right?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I've just splashed out £40 on an innov8 racepac 32. It's less than 600g and should give me enough space for more than a sneaky overnighter. My gourdon is only gd for an overnighter if I've eaten first and only heading out in the evening for the night. Some things like my synthetic smock was in the side pocket and I'd left the waterproofs at home. My problem is I'm tall which means my sleeping quilt is xl and despite being good down it takes up too much space. Short of buying a 950 down from the 1 or 2 companies i know who uses it I doubt I'll get less bulkier sleeping bag.

yeha

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2009
North Yorkshire
The window is tough but not puncture proof. Mine now has duct tape inside and out. I did ask Alpkit if they had a suggested repair but it seems that no one had asked before. It did take a few years and I'm sure it was self inflicted. If I was going to buy another, I would get it without the window.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE