Alpkit Bulb

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
Barnsley (in Gods Own County)
I bought an Alpkit Bulb last week, ordered thursday dinnertime and delivered saturday morning.

Its very, very bright for its size and has o-ring seals top and bottom to make it shower proof.

It looks to be well constructed and will light up the tent (and probably next doors) no problem. Its also got a flashing mode so you can use it as a beacon in an emergency to locate someone / something.

I'll be testing it next week on a trip to the lakes but so far I am very happy with it.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I bought an Alpkit Bulb last week, ordered thursday dinnertime and delivered saturday morning.

Its very, very bright for its size and has o-ring seals top and bottom to make it shower proof.

It looks to be well constructed and will light up the tent (and probably next doors) no problem. Its also got a flashing mode so you can use it as a beacon in an emergency to locate someone / something.

I'll be testing it next week on a trip to the lakes but so far I am very happy with it.

I too have ordered one of these. However looking on DealExtreme the other day I saw this for £9 delivered http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12073

Is this the Bulb with a different name??

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
It looks the same, down to the clips and batteries being included. The only difference I can see is the Alpkit one has a green LED just below the on / off switch that constantly blinks so you can find the lamp in the dark. Its not bright enough to act as a light or to disturb anyones sleep but it is permanently on.

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
I used this for the first time at the weekend. After a tortuous drive to the lakes (doesn't matter where I go there are always massive road works) I finally arrived to find my friends had put our tent up :), which was great as it was dark.

The bulb was superb. I clipped it off to the top of the inner tent and it lit it up fine. The inner tent is 2m x 2m and peaks at 2m tall. Its a superb lantern and is deceptively bright. I think it would be bright enough to use in a much larger space as well.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Used mine this weekend at a friends wood and it's a cracking light. Another tip..... If you need a flashlight type beam, unscrew the top cover and you have an instant flashlight:thinkerg:

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
How well made are they? Everything I've bought from Alpkit has been great quality, but the Bulb looks just a little cheap!

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
I'm really happy with the build quality. Both the top and bottom screw off, have well machined threads and an O-ring seal. I wouldn't describe it as submergable but I would have no problem leaving it out in the rain. It all feels solid to the touch and would live in the bottom of a bag without any problems.

After reading this thread , I decided to order one for my camping trip this weekend at Kielder, it arrived safe and sound this morning :) . really nice lamp, very robust, gives a of the perfect amount of light as well. All I need is to put a red filter round the outside & Im a happy camper. Ohh it needs a red filter cause its an astronomy weekend Im going to .

thanks for pointin g this lamp out.:You_Rock_ :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE