Alpkit Airic sleeping mats back in stock

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
Hi Jo - Thanks for that... to wee airics on order. I do like their stuff and swear by the Gourdon bags!

Thanks, Miggers

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
My pleasure. I'm wishing I'd had the wit to try and arrange a special BcUK deal but
I expect I don't have clearance to do that!

I did mention in my original email to them that I'd heard about the mats from here.

Love your username btw.

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
Be careful when taking the Airic out of it's bag. Mine split (the bag that is) :(

I contacted Alpkit who were very helpful and are sending out a new one. They also agreed to strengthen the stitching on the next batch. Great Customer relations IMHO :D

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
Thanks Jo, like most nicknames it was a dig from my cycling buddies from years ago...

I used to cycle race in the 90's, around the time of Miguel Indurain, his nickname was Big Mig. Being "big boned" ;) I was then christened Big Mig which then morphed into Miggers over time...

Miggers

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Cheers Jodie, thats a great website, esp love their little reads with every product, like this....
"Reluctant movements from inside the bivy bag indicated that Ken was happier with his eyes closed than open, he sleeps like a bat. It was early but I turned my head and shone the torch in eyes regardless. He flinched as his pupils struggled to cope with the glow. The sacs were already packed, all we had to do now was make the long slog up to the col before sunrise."
The prices look good as well as the products looking good....

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Much as I'd love to bask in the reflected glory I can't take any credit for this one :D

I first heard of them while browsing another thread on sleep mats and a couple of
people rated them. As I'm putting together my bushcraft 'bottom drawer' before
going off to Woodsmoke I wanted to spend a bit of time reading the experts' views
before spending any money :)

If this link doesn't work, just do a search for 'airic' or 'alpkit' - there are loads of
positive reviews of this bit of kit:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/search.php?searchid=19509&DoReWrite4

"Miggers" reminds me a little bit of Mrs. Miggins from Blackadder!

EDIT: I'd like to thank the people in this thead :)
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21566&highlight=airic

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I know - me too! Very good service and a lovely website.

I didn't get a stuff sack or repair kit but it might be on its way separately.
Or perhaps not needed as it looks pretty tough and has proper bindings :D

Jo

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Jo,

Mine were rolled up inside the mat. If you want my repair kit, just in case like, let me know as i have a couple of kits now from thermarests.

Drop us a PM with your address if you'd like it.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
<blushes furiously>
So were mine :eek: - but thanks for the kind offer. I thought it was so tightly rolled that
nothing could fit inside and I didn't even bother to look... oops

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
Mine arrived first thing too. First rate company, they've never failed to get stuff to me next day.

Miggers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE