Alone series 8 spoiler thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
If you've not seen it, or don't want to have it spoilt, best to avoid this thread...

Episode 3, when they mentioned she was eating cow parsley, I was "well, I can't tell the difference and she's very close to water, and she has been vomitting..." eating water hemlock, not great.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
It's not Theresa!
I have no TV and can't watch it sadly, but I can tell you she's fine. No, I havnt spoken to her, or anyone else. I just know she wouldn't be so silly.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Yep not Theresa :)

I also quite liked how the shelters were coming along, nice to see someone making a fridge.

"Will probably ferment, but that won't be a problem" lol

I think I'd have wanted to dry out the berries myself. Keep the calories and not risk mould. Water is abundant at the lake site.

It was good to see the fish smoker going, but the site does appear infested with bears. Best of luck to him!

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I quite liked how often they saw them swimming towards them. That's much better than having a bear appear behind you.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Funniest moment was the bow string. Mice trashing your gear or seeing a bear occasionally, not sure what's worse.

Reactions: tim_n

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I did feel bad for him. When he said in the morning "there was a mouse down here last night and I tried to hit it with a stick" I saw the bow on the floor and thought, I don't think I'd stick that on the floor, the mouse will eat it. Well... Felt like a prophet

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
The bears are definitely quite scary!

I remember walking through the Canadian bush , and not from a road or path to be honest ( don't want to make it sound like I was in the darkest off track areas ) and the dawning realization as a Brit that their was a creature here that quite clearly moved me down from the position of natural Apex Predator was hair raising and mentally redefining..

Now back home in good old blighty I just need to contend with the occasional bad tempered badger and the acoustic mating runts of amorous hedgehogs when I camp out. :)

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Think the reason find it funny, because of Season 5. The mice drove Larry nuts.

Last edited:

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Good to see Theresa up first, I mean granted, they seemed to spend more time than was necessary of her warming up her bottom, but then again, that is our Theresa. But then again nothing else from her for the rest of the episode.

Bit of surprise with the leaver - he'd got a good looking shelter, caught some good food, seemed to be settled.

Loved the pier, be interesting to see how that bit of infrastructure helps out.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Did go back for a moment to Theresa building a bed.

Yeah, the leaver. Seems to had his mind occupied by building the shelter, but soon as that was complete, his mind went elsewhere.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It goes to show how much if it is mental and spiritual, it's easy to think that the biggest challenge is going to be physical but our minds are so fundamental to our grit and staying power. I respect the reasons for leaving, there was obviously some big self awareness growth while there. With a few of them...

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Yes, especially being alone as they are.
Even in other survival shows, where a group of strangers are put in a similar situation (eg The Island), there seems to be much less leaving due to mental or spiritual reasons.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE