Allan Blade Bushcrafter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geoffrey

Forager
Oct 3, 2004
Maine
HI guys, I have done some searching on the Bushcrafter offered by Allan Blade. Great looking knife. I would love to hear from owners with their likes, dislikes and maybe even pics. I am hoping to buy one or trade for one sometime soon.

Thanks.

Geoffrey

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
whats the deal with the Northstar?

maybe you should drop Allan an email, he has always replied to my questions very quickly

address is on his site

Here

Tant

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Is it available with a leather sheath instead of a kydex one? I would also like to know your opinions on it especially what sharpening is like.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I have one and it is great. Great to use, great to sharpen just all round first class. I did once say that I frequently go to the BritishBlades site but have never been tempted to buy another knife as the bushcrafter was so good but that is no longer true. I have ordered an Allan Blade Scandi Pack Pal for lighter duties and shorter trips and I have also ordered a Runt which is basically a Buscrafter but scaled down so that the whole knife is about 4 - 5 inches long. This will be my emergency knife attached to my lifejacket in the canoe. Also I have two young daughters so the Pack Pal and Runt will give then knifes to use (supervised of course) which are just like Daddy's.

So just in case I did not make myself clear I am very pleased with the Bushcrafter and defy anyone to find a better hand made knife for the price.

If you do a search on this site and www.britishblades.com you will find loads more information on the bushcrafter and no bad reviews that I have seen.

And sorry I do not want to trade mine but you guessed that I am sure.

MagiKelly

Young Bushman said:
Is it available with a leather sheath instead of a kydex one? I would also like to know your opinions on it especially what sharpening is like.
I do not think Allan does a leather sheath but you could get someone else to make one. I had planned on doing that but very quickley I came to appreciate the Kydex one and now would not change it. It is much more secure than a leather one and even allowes you to fix the sheath upside down without the knife coming out.

MagiKelly

Jake Rollnick said:
Whats the delivery times like John?
Depends on how busy Allan is. when I ordered mine he had a spare in the production run he was doing, so it was only a few weeks. Usually it would be longer but best bet is to email and ask. Allan is always very helpful that way. Geoffrey may be able to give more info since he has just placed an order.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Just emailed Allan yesturday, he replied just a few hours later. I've ordered a Bushcrafter with Maple scales and no blade coating. He said elivery is 4-6 weeks.

top class!

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Bison, Puukko, highland, mini-canadian, and now this one. (oh yeah, and soon the northstar).

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I will make sure i don't lose it! Already taking precautions with the rest of my knives.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
That might prove dangerous however. A razor sharp knife flying towards you. Might be ok if it was in its sheath however :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE