All the best to Ron Hood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
This was taken from the front page of Survival.com.

Important Announcement Concerning Ron
Recently Ron Hood received the unfortunate news that he has a very aggressive form of prostate cancer. His Gleason score is 7 on one side and 9 on the other. Last year his PSA was 4, a couple months ago it was 7 and recently it was 43.5. It is believed to most likely be attributed to his contact with Agent Orange during his tour in Vietnam, as this is symptomatic of the kind of cancer AO gave many of the soldiers who served in Vietnam while it was used.

When he was first diagnosed, there was a very real concern from his Doctor that it might have spread to the soft tissues and bones and been very dire. Since then, thankfully, a CT scan showed that it was not as aggressive as was originally feared and his condition was lowered to advanced prostate cancer. Still not good, but much better than originally thought. But more importantly, BEATABLE!

As we have all seen in his videos, magazine, interviews and those of us who know him as a friend Ron is facing this with the same grace, grit and raw determination that he forces down the throat of any challenge that comes before him. As he so beautifully put it “What I’m going to try to do is keep this public as much as I can. When I beat it I can hope it will be a lesson for others who face similar challenges.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE