Aldi winter thermals

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
No association and all that.
Aldi are selling there 100% Marino wool thermals today.
I'm off to have a look now, Wooossssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :lmao:

brickie

Sep 12, 2010
North Wales
I was at my local aldi at 9.30am and there was a queue already which joined it didn't open until 10 am,a mad rush in people pushing and trying to jump the line , anyway luckily no one else could find them and i could hear people moaning about them not being there ,then they were all fighting over rest of the skiing gear, some people pi$$ me off it's not the end of the world if you don't get what you wanted just go without , meanwhile i had a wander about and managed to find them halfway down another aisle i just brought one pair of longjohns for my dads late christmas present .I brought a top & bottoms last year they are great value for money

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I bought some of these last year, and they are very good :) They're even better when you work out how little they cost and how well they've worn :approve:

cheers,
Toddy

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Bargain!

Diidn't see Hugo at Station Road (our local Aldi) but did get the missus and I two sets each!

Gutted there were no long sleeves for blokes but the more cunning that got there before me had already taken the womens XL long sleeves.

I must read the newsletters more carefully. When I got it last week I PRESUMED the ski thermals were the only underwear they had.

Phew close one and thanks for the wake up call Hugo. :35:

Last edited:

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Ooh didnt know they had socks! Are the themals the crane brand?
Got the bottoms very good but a little thin in cold weather I double up but at that price you can.
Dave

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Ooh didnt know they had socks! Are the themals the crane brand?
Got the bottoms very good but a little thin in cold weather I double up but at that price you can.
Dave

yep they are the crane brand buddy,the socks were only £2.99 for two pairs.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Well I went down London Road in Brighton, Managed to get for myself top and bottom in Marino, also bottoms for SHMBO.
Then I spotted the ski gloves, Snood, snow boots.
Hugo household will now be able to turn down the thermostat.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I wandered into the Grantham Aldi today, on the way back, and they had an abundance of all sizes of tops and bottoms in 100% Merino but all of the large and extra large tops were short sleeved.
Having never owned Merino wool thermals before, I didn't realise how comfortable they were until I tried them on before doing some work outside. They don't overheat you like some types of thermal base layers, they just seem to regulate your temperature nicely. Needless to say, I'm glad I bought two pairs of bottoms and two tops :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
xlarge isn't massive. It kind of stretches to fit. I bought that size for six foot tall, lean, lanky and broad shouldered, Son2 and they fit him fine. They also fitted Son1 who's more inclined to be stockily built and muscular and is nearer the 5'9" tall.

cheers,
Toddy

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Plus they are doing a Buff rip off, great value at £2.99, got some of the thermals 2 years ago and boy was I glad of them this year it was bloody freezing in the Tipi I was told during the cold snap it got done to -20 and I can well believe it

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Bargain!

Diidn't see Hugo at Station Road (our local Aldi) but did get the missus and I two sets each!

Gutted there were no long sleeves for blokes but the more cunning that got there before me had already taken the womens XL long sleeves.

I must read the newsletters more carefully. When I got it last week I PRESUMED the ski thermals were the only underwear they had.

Phew close one and thanks for the wake up call Hugo. :35:

If you are quick there is a woman's XL long sleeve that is out of the box at London Road Brighton, it's mixed up with the other thermals along with some other empty boxes.
Seek and you will find.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE