Aldi spotting scope Heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Just popped into Aldi today and they are selling spotting scopes, 20-60x60 including mini tripod, carry bag and lens cloth for £25. I had to buy one. Actually not bad. a fair bit of frigging and a low angle of view, but for that money it's a great, cheap intro.

Cheers

Baggins

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I use one for short range rifle shooting (up to 100 yards). Its not really a good enough quality to spot a quarter inch hole at two hundred yards...but its okay looking at .30" holes.

Hope that helps people understand the quality.

They are a lot of scope for not much money - and ideal for hundred yards or less shooting.

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
I bought one, on impulse, earlier this week. Had it set up last night so a bunch of Cubs could take turns watching an owl box, made by some other Cubs, that currently has 3 chicks in it.:)
Was nearly worth the price for that alone, though I'm sure we'll get plenty more use from it. It's a bit of kit I wont mind youngsters using.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I bought one of these from Aldi a couple of years back for my wife who wanted one for visiting RSPB reserves and such. Not a bad scope for the price.

By strange co-incidence, I started making her a scope case for it today as I've struggled to find one online without spending in excess of £100 (would seem strange to have a case that cost 4-5 times the price of the scope).

I'll post some pics of it once I've finished as it's been fairly easy to make.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE