Aldi have Kendal Mint Cake!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I went to Aldi the other day, and meant to post this but my conection was playing up and I forgot by the next time! :eek:

So, as the title says, the Aldi in Barnsley is chocka full of the stuff, Romney's Kendal mint cake, it comes three to a blister pack and is the stuff used on the Everest Expedition 29th May 1953 by the team including Sir Edmund Hillary and Sirdar Tensing.

Cannot remember the exact price, but it was just over a pound for a blister pack of three. We bought six blisters of the stuff and I still think we should have got more. It tastes delicious!

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I went on a school trip to Keswick when I was 14 and we all pigged out on the stuff - 21 years later and I'm still not sure I could manage any more :lmao:

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Kendal mint cake is only good as a mountain survival food because it tastes so bleedin manky that you would have to be half dead and up a mountain before you would touch it so it stays in the bottom of yer rucksack for ages.
Far to sweet.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
demographic said:
Kendal mint cake is only good as a mountain survival food because it tastes so bleedin manky that you would have to be half dead and up a mountain before you would touch it so it stays in the bottom of yer rucksack for ages.
Far to sweet.

Oh, I dunno, it's not all that bad. Saying that, I couldn't eat a whole one in one go, the sugar rush would be mental!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
And Lidl's have Lee's Macaroon and mint bars :D 3 for under 70p.
Not a fan of Kendal, I'm afraid, maybe the stuff I've tried is old but it's always been hard, sugary and tasteless.

Toddy......who's HWMBLT has just made a kilo of soft, creamy tablet :p

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well tis stuff is soft, very minty and very sugary! Really, try just one pack, you may all like it! And then my shares in Lidl will quadruple.......joke! :rolleyes:

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
Tablet - now you are talking...

Toddy said:
And Lidl's have Lee's Macaroon and mint bars :D 3 for under 70p.
Not a fan of Kendal, I'm afraid, maybe the stuff I've tried is old but it's always been hard, sugary and tasteless.

Toddy......who's HWMBLT has just made a kilo of soft, creamy tablet :p

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
And by the looks of things, they will have nalgene type bottles in for 2.99 and a petzl type led torch for 4.99. Also a non-stick pan set for camping, 6.99. Check your local stores for more bargins!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE