Aldi Fishing Heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Aldi have a number of fishing item going on sale tomorrow....

I'm interested in this beach set however having never fished in my life is it worth it?:rolleyes:

If someone thinks it may be worth a punt a few hints and tips for fishing off the Dorset coast - ie what I could catch and how to even start would be a help :lmao:.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
lol - I noticed that but assumed it was intentional and a 'fishy' term.....

I suppose I could go after Moby Dick..... :rolleyes:

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I was in Aldi the other day with a colleague, knowing I love me fishing, she pointed at the stuff, not for me thanks, it's not until you do quite a bit of fishing do you realise this tackle is actually crap.

I suppose it's okay for letting yer young-uns have a dabble and get used to casting but the likes of the lures trully are crap, it's worth spending a couple of pounds more for the action of the lure (this counts a helluva lot in fishing). I don't go overboard, I'm not a "tackle tart" that buys the dearest of items. Okuma sell some very nice reels and cheap too, I have a few meself.

You can pick up rods that won't cost the earth that will do the job until you want better tackle.You're best bet is to visit a tackle shop and tell them what type of fishing you're interested in, they'll be only to glad to let you handle/feel the rod and reels in yer hand.

gsfgaz

Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
i got the fishing bag today, it's an awrite bag for ur gear, dont know aboot the rods though ..probably awrite for beginners , anybody got one yet..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE