alcohol burner

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
Methanol is toxic and can enter the body by inhalation, or absorption through the skin, best avoid it. Meths, as has been said, is a mix of ethanol and methanol.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
Methanol is toxic and can enter the body by inhalation, or absorption through the skin, best avoid it. Meths, as has been said, is a mix of ethanol and methanol.

only toxic in large amounts its in all booze that what hangovers are its the body's attempt to process the methanol in your bloodstream. its also the reason why hair of the dog works for a while because you're body goes back to processing the ethanol and leaves the methanol for later

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
only toxic in large amounts its in all booze that what hangovers are its the body's attempt to process the methanol in your bloodstream. its also the reason why hair of the dog works for a while because you're body goes back to processing the ethanol and leaves the methanol for later

So which is more risky, pure methanol or methylated spirit with only 10% methanol?

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
pure methanol will kill you in small amounts it does no harm. makes you feel rough for a few hours but not fatal

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
So will petrol, gas and nearlly all other fuels!
I use methanol and I treat it with respect. As I do with ALL fuels.
If that is done then no problem. Unless you are in the habit of drinking your fuel or bathing in it.
Everything is toxic to some degree.
You don't wear a mask and gloves to fill your car and if you spill a bit of petrol onm your hand you don't go panicking that you are going to die.
Common sense should rule and treat all fuels with respect.
Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE