Alan Wood Woodlore Ray Mears knife, maple & presentationbox

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
For sale, a mint Alan Wood Woodlore knife, never used, sharpened. Including presentationbox and Ray Mears Firesteel.

There is a very long waiting list for this one.

4 mm, blade is 110 mm, handle is 110 mm, maple scales.
Handsewn leather sheath, neck sheath carry.

Price 600 Eurom paypal preferred I accept the fees. Shipment abroad is free also.

gr,

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just a question about the box... is that the one it was supplied with?

Only asking as I've not seen a Woodlore box in wood before and quite like the look if it :)

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
This is not the box that is supplied with the Alan Wood Woodlore knife, but it does not really detract from the value of the knife very much.

I purchased a Woodlore in mint condition with no box but with the letter from Woodlore that came to the original owner.

When i contacted Woodlore with the intention of possibly purchasing a box to make up the full package should i ever decide to sell, they wanted £50 for the pleasure.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
That is one of my old Woodlores. I recognise the box. It's a 2005 model from Alan and possibly one of the best handle profiles that Alan put on the Woodlore. Very thick and nicely Coke bottle shaped with a very flared butt. I'm very tempted to buy it back as you don't see that severe shape on Woodlores anymore. The blade is one of the nicest shaped too without the belly you got on them later.

Back then, the Woodlore didn't come in a box as they do now.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
It's a 2005 model from Alan and possibly one of the best handle profiles that Alan put on the Woodlore. Very thick and nicely Coke bottle shaped with a very flared butt

Thanks JD, any idea how long this 'pattern' continued?

The letter that came with my knife from Woodlore is dated 04/05/2007

My knife has a tapered tang.

That is one of my old Woodlores. I recognise the box. It's a 2005 model from Alan and possibly one of the best handle profiles that Alan put on the Woodlore. Very thick and nicely Coke bottle shaped with a very flared butt. I'm very tempted to buy it back as you don't see that severe shape on Woodlores anymore. The blade is one of the nicest shaped too without the belly you got on them later.

Back then, the Woodlore didn't come in a box as they do now.

Ah, thanks for the heads up!

gr,

Jan

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Thanks JD, any idea how long this 'pattern' continued?

The letter that came with my knife from Woodlore is dated 04/05/2007

My knife has a tapered tang.

I think he only did that for a couple of batches. None of the recent ones I've seen have such a chunky and shapely handle. The handle to blade shape is nicely balanced. It's definitely (IMO) the nicest Woodlore's Alan has made. I'm sure Jan can confirm this is the case. It's great to see this knife again. I selected it from about ten new Woodlores I had in front of me at the time as being the most perfect and most well balanced example of the lot. I bought it as a collectors piece to go with my Instructors version.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
I think he only did that for a couple of batches. None of the recent ones I've seen have such a chunky and shapely handle. The handle to blade shape is nicely balanced. It's definitely (IMO) the nicest Woodlore's Alan has made. I'm sure Jan can confirm this is the case. It's great to see this knife again. I selected it from about ten new Woodlores I had in front of me at the time as being the most perfect and most well balanced example of the lot. I bought it as a collectors piece to go with my Instructors version.

Thanks for the info

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE