Alan Wood - Woodlore knife

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
The General said:
II don't really want to sell it, but if I knew it would go to a good guy I may be convinced to sell it on.

I'm trying to convince my girlfriend it's a great idea at the moment... I estimate it's going to take a week of solid nagging and buying flowers to get her to see things my way :wink:

The General said:
and of course being a knife owned by myself adds a certain celebrity value to the item! :rolmao: :wink:

Well, yes, I can tell everyone that my new knife (girlfriend permitting) had a famous owner :biggthump

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
If you do buy it get some kevlar gloves as well.I have heard that a little 'touch up' by Wayne will give you an edge good enough to shave feather sticks from flies legs :eek:):

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Take a look at the knife Shing is selling over in the classifeds, just because it dosn't say Ray Mears on it dosn't mean it aint a great blade, I played with it over the weekend and if I could would have bought every one of his and Guyceps (not sure if he comes over here but loads of his stuff on Britishblades) knives that were on display!
Some wern't bushcraft things all were awsome. For those going to Weston Park at the weekend Guy will have some there, check them out you won't be dissapointed!
Cheers
David

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Hi P7, welcome to BCUK! I guess you lost your knife? I did the same thing, except with a micarta version. And it does prove expensive (£100 in fact).

Cheers,

Jake

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Cheers Jake, good to be here. Loadsa information to absorb :)

Yeah, I lost my Woodlore two weeks ago, I have bought a couple of micarta Woodlores, but I still hankered after an original Wood, it has been a companion for nearly seven years, couldn't resist when I saw it up for auction, couldn't believe how much they go for, it's just not right :yikes:

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
:cry: always sorry to hear bout stuff getting lost

i can fully understand the frustration of it all

congratulations on winning the auction tho

i have been known to make the odd scathing comment about ebay prices, just wanted to assure ya it is tongue in cheek honest

i too grow very attached to things that i have used for a while until they become virtually irreplaceable

human nature i guess

oh and welcome to bcuk p7 :wave:

Tant

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
There are some people on this forum :)roll:) who sometimes bring up the fact that you lost your knife (well they did to me anyways). Perhaps making the odd comment here and there, just to remind you :lmao: Mention no names of course **coughjohnkelly**

;)

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Did you foolishly lose a knife Jake i must have missed the references to it.

I once left my day sac in Mcdonals with all my outdoor gear in it. Bins glasses the works. it had my work id in it. my address book everything. it would have been dead simple to return it but some b*****d nicked it. i was at college at the time and a hospital cleaner so the person knew i wasn't loaded. one day i would love to have a discussion on morality with them. the ear ache i got from my then gf was unbeleivable still married her though.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Just ask MagiKelly! :lol:

Mine was swallowed by the forest floor i think. We were moving campsites and it went missing in the process, luckily i had my highland to back it up!

:roll: :cry:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE