Alan Wood Amboyna burr Scandinavian grind Bushcraft knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Alan Wood Amboyna burr Scandinavian grind Bushcraft knife. It is 01 High Carbon steel and the blade is 4mm thick. I believe the Scales were made from wood left to season as part of a church, which gives them there well-seasoned and hard property. Alan Wood has been a professional knifemaker since 1985, and has become one of the most renound makers in his field, pioneering the Woodlore Ray Mears Knife. This knife has a fully tapered tang running through the handle, with Amboyna burr scales and red spacers, all held together with loveless bolts for a strong finish. The steel has been taken from the Ray Mears batch, with extra steel in the tip area (see photo for the shape), from when he used to make the Woodlore knives. The Woodlore Knives are currently selling for £395 (currently made by SWC) and had a decade waiting list when made by Alan Wood!
The condition of the knife is as pictured in the photographs. This knife has been used; it has been used as a bushcraft knife as it has been so carefully intended. You can see its use on my ‘Wilderlore’ Youtube channel. The handle and the blade has had frequent oiling and it has been kept sharp, using the method featured on the Youtube channel. It could do with some slight honing for the avid knife collector, which can easily be achieved with a whetstone. The amount of sharpening that the knife has experienced is minimal, as the edge has not begun to protrude back due to ware. This is because I employ the stropping method often, keeping it sharp little and often as opposed to taking excessive steel. You will notice that there is a slight dent on the butt of the knife; I have posted a photo clearly showing it. The Cheek of the blade has some slight scratches, only just visible to a keen eye with a good light shining on it; these could be removed if desired.
The knife comes complete with the sheath which has been double stitched together. It has had some wear in the field, but again it has been well looked after with leather balm to prevent any damage.

Offer me something good! ;)

10354171_10152503259810547_6562381067121187996_n.jpg

10523284_10152503259885547_659390646258652783_n.jpg

10352321_10152503259800547_5403472408983367436_n.jpg

10429819_10152503259785547_774262743803823451_n.jpg

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
Hiya mate, I'm pretty sure you have to state a value/what you are after in swap for the knife! Although I may have it completely wrong! It's a beaut of a knife, how come you want to get rid of it?

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
You can get an idea of it's value looking on here. http://customknife.co.uk/bushcraft/

I want to sell it as I know use the Mora Bushcraft Black when i'm in the field.

As you're not a full member you can't sell it - but you already know this because it's in the rules you agreed to when you signed up.
You can easily become a full member if you wish
Giving an idea of value means that anyone wanting to offer a swap can have something to go on thereby avoiding embarrassment on one side or other by offering too much/little.

I suppose i should suggest some items that I am interested in and my reason for sale.

I use another knife now so it has almost become redundant.

I am looking for a good working gopro hero 3+ black, or a gopro hero 4.

I am looking for a good quality drysuit for kayaking and canoeing in a medium.

I'm open to other suggestions though, something that I will get more use out of.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE