Airborne

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

DeltaKilo

Just been offered an MTP Airborne bergen for £100. Should I get it? I believe it's the 95L one.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I don't think anyone should buy mtp kit, unless it comes from an after market supplier, such as the karrimor range, or is a private purchase having been made by a serving soldier/sailor/airman, there is a still a shortage of kit for those serving.

Sorry, i did'nt mean this to sound like a lecture, & don't wish to come over as a killjoy, but its something i feel strongly about, as i do have a son serving, who recently could'nt get a sleeping bag issued(did'nt have any)for a weeks exercise in the field(november in Hohne)& had to borrow one that was to short for him.

Rob

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Woof, the current plce issue is not being replaced for a year or two. Strange to read sleeping bags are not issued though, may be a bit more to it.
DK if you wish to buy it then go ahead, check he quality of the stiching though. Nothing worse than a strap coming undone or a pouch falling off.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I don't think anyone should buy mtp kit, unless it comes from an after market supplier, such as the karrimor range, or is a private purchase having been made by a serving soldier/sailor/airman, there is a still a shortage of kit for those serving.

Sorry, i did'nt mean this to sound like a lecture, & don't wish to come over as a killjoy, but its something i feel strongly about, as i do have a son serving, who recently could'nt get a sleeping bag issued(did'nt have any)for a weeks exercise in the field(november in Hohne)& had to borrow one that was to short for him.

Rob

MTP bergans aren't on issue, this therefore isn't ex military equipment, but an aftermarket item- probably one of these: http://www.britkitdirect.co.uk/products/marauder_bergen_sas_para_mtp_multicam.html . If it is an MTP daysack, then that might be slightly different. But there are lots of commercially available versions of these too. I too find it odd that your son hasn't been issued a sleeping bag- I have never known there to be a supply problem with crucial basic equipment like this in any of the units i have been in. I assume your son is in regular/reserve forces and not the cadets?

OP- Note that if this is indeed the same one, you can buy them brand new for £100. I was tempted last year, and purchased one. It is average at best, and I didn't trust it to take the kind of loads i would be subjecting it to. It has therefore remained unused in the loft.

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks

Rob

Shortage of kit is rare, and more than likely down to bad management of stores. MTP is plentiful now.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I've done the same with a Karrimor SF tecmac patrol and 3 PLCE water bottle pouches. I've attached them with maxpedition molle straps and haven't had any problem with them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE