Air rifle scope advice kindly requested

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

phil wright

Jul 24, 2008
Harlow
that is a very nice scope, it doesnt have mil dots but it has superb clarity for its price.
it will also not fall apart when being used on a spring rifle or have the cross hairs break on you.
good price but bear in mind that the scope is only as good as the mounts that you are using, buy good quality mounts .
regards
phil
p.s. nice gun, has it got a silencer?

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Ensure whatevr you buy is "springer rated" and has already been said, get decent mounts. It's quite the fashion to go for huge scopes with vast magnification ranges at present, and everybody raves about mill-dots. You'll rarely use a scope in the actual hunting environment set on much more than 6x magnification, I usually opt for about 3x, and if you take the time to learn your rifle/scope combo's handling and trajectory, and put a bit of time in on range estimation, you'll find mill-dots don't really matter that much. None of my scopes have them. If you've got the time it's worth having a good look over on airgunbbs. Remeber the HW95 is quite an elegant little rifle, too much scope will spoil it's flow and ballance.

Dave

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Morning,
I use a nikko sterling mountmaster 4-12x50 on 2 piece sportsman mounts.as yours is a Springer and a very good one at that I would recommend a one piece mount to reduce scope creep due to recoil.a scope of about 3-9x40 mainly using the 6x mag would be fine for hunting.a reticule of mil dots is the norm as it makes for easier aiming off your zero.try to get a scope with etched ridicule on the glass as then the recoil won't shake apart a wire type.
If you get the chance slip a venom spring kit and piston seal in to smooth it out even more.pick a good make,eBay sells crap.some goof optics second hand.try airgunbbs.
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Yes it has a silencer

regards
max

that is a very nice scope, it doesnt have mil dots but it has superb clarity for its price.
it will also not fall apart when being used on a spring rifle or have the cross hairs break on you.
good price but bear in mind that the scope is only as good as the mounts that you are using, buy good quality mounts .
regards
phil
p.s. nice gun, has it got a silencer?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE