Agh! Agh! Want one!

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Just bumping this up. I still rather fancy a condar Celsius job over the others as it just seems the best design and I am a sad, sad tart. It's much cheaper to get the thing from North America than the European outlet for them so is there any kind soul the other side of the pond who could middle man for me? We have PayPal etc and would cover all costs of course.

atb

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
It's nearly twice as dear unfortunately and I can't justify 20 quid plus postage for a shiny toy. Bizarrely the postage would be not much different despite the difference in distance.

its often like this, when I was buying Scandinavia knives it was much cheaper getting then via Ragweed Forge over in the US than from anyone over here or on the continent.

Back when I was doing a lot of trading in militaria I had loads of contacts over the pond and if I wanted any sexy bits of titanium etc that hadn't started being sold over here it was easy to build it into the trades. Times have a changed, sigh.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Well, with the Euro so low the wife took pity on me and ordered me one from France and it arrived today.

it's a bit, well tinny, so I knocked up a simple case from a pill box our friends the tinsmiths sent us and glued together leather bits cut from scrap.

image.jpg1_zpsq5oazwva.jpg

Next time I use the oven ill compare it to another thermometer I know is accurate, you can adjust the hand easily. Then I need a good reason to use it in anger! Anyroad its made me a happy bear!

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE