Afternoon bimble

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Went for bimble up the lane by my house this afternoon, nice and warm in the late summer sunshine, but the autumn nip is definately in the air and noticable when you are in the shade.

Dscn5243.jpg

Loads of wild edibles around

Dscn5244.jpg

the biggest haws i have ever seen

Dscn5245.jpg

loads of rosehips ready for collecting later in the year

Dscn5246.jpg

and blackberries galore, had a load of these in a blackberry and crab apple crumble this evening for pudding, the taste was amazing

Dscn5257.jpg

had to be a bit careful when collecting the blackberries as it was interlaced with deadly nightshade, needless to say, the blackberries came from nightshade free areas.

Dscn5261.jpg

continued my walk up to one of my favourite sit spots that i have close to home

Dscn5249.jpg

in the shade of a big old Ash

Dscn5262.jpg

view from my sit spot

Dscn5252.jpg

Dscn5255.jpg

really enjoyable just sitting there watching the Kestrels and Buzzards, not to mention the dust devil that went over the ploughed field below where i sat, didnt have my camera to hand when it appeared unfortunatley

before long it was time to head back home

Dscn5267.jpg

came across the remains of a pheasant

Dscn5251.jpg

and saw 5 Partridge fly over the fields as i approached where they had been feeding, not seen Partridge around here for ages, good to see them back again.

Really enjoyable couple of hours out and about

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks like you`ve got a nice spot there right on your doorstep. The Ash tree on the knoll looks like a nice quiet spot to spend a while.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE