After London.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Terrific 19th century post-apocalyptic novel. Interesting to read his Bevis afterwards for comparison. Richard jefferies wrote lots of other naturalist books that are worth reading. Used to help maintain his museum in Swindon in the 60s.

Elen Sentier

I've just found this very interesting book. First published in 1905. The first three chapters give an interesting description of nature reclaiming the land, after an unspecified EOTW incident. I've only read the first four chapters, but find the story engrossing. The link is, http://www.gutenberg.org/files/13944/13944-h/13944-h.htm Hope you enjoy.

Mmmm ... just what I need to help with the dystopian novel currently on the stocks :), ta muchley for the link.

Elen Sentier

Terrific 19th century post-apocalyptic novel. Interesting to read his Bevis afterwards for comparison. Richard jefferies wrote lots of other naturalist books that are worth reading. Used to help maintain his museum in Swindon in the 60s.

Lucky old you ... may PM for ideas on bits and bobs now and again if you don't mind.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London

Thanks for that. Does the museum still exist?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If you like this its worth trying John Seymours dystopian / survivalist fiction - "Retrieved from the future" is very good

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
The complete Richard Jeffries can be downloaded for free from Kindle. I hope you weren't sold the copy you have as a first edition. "After London" was first published in 1885 by JM Dent.

Thanks. No, I found reference to the book on "Project Gutenberg". I'll download Jefferies work to my Kindle though. Cheers.

Have just downloaded his Kindle content.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE