African Overland Experience

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Steve

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2006
Gloucester
Yes mate, I worked for one of the overland companies as driver/leader and did that route both ways a few times, though it was over 10 years ago now. I think that of all the countries in east and southern Africa, Botswana and Namibia felt the most 'safe', though all things are relative in Africa. I think that feeling was partly because they are fairly sparsely populated countries. The only couple of days (at that time mid-90s) where you had to be careful was through the Caprivi Strip from Botswana to Namibia, where the Angolan border is quite close. however, i think things are alot calmer in that neck of the woods nowadays. As for the route.... man you have to do it. Chobe National Park, the Okavango Delta, Etosha National Park, Fish River Canyon, the Skeleton Coast, Sossussvlei dunes, and the namaqualand flowers, as well as the Cape.... to name a few. Some of the best sites in the whole of Africa... check out the British government's advice on travelling there if you are concerned. I loved that whole journey every time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE