African Archer - a good read

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I stumbled across this site today

http://www.africanarcher.com/

A lot of it is focussing on archery but there's also articles on native bushcraft skills like tracking and hunting, axe work etc.

Have a look at the "Articles" section, but don't click on "Trophies" :confused:

Happy reading

OldFingersGreen

Forager
Jan 30, 2009
Manchester
wish i'd have listened to your advice on the trophy section. interesting sight but trophy hunting whether with traditional kit or not just doesnt sit right with me.

I would not say most of the animals shown in the "Trophies"section fall into the "trophy hunting " category, they are animals that they may have worked hard to get and are proud of there for they are a trophy to them. Its no different to someone outsmarting a woodpigion or rabbit and taking a picture.
I hunt big game'. any animal I harvest is a trophy to me and yes I eat what I shoot.

trail2

Nomad
Nov 20, 2008
Canton S.Dakota (Ex pat)
Ditto EMonk. Whats the difference in those than the fellow holding up a fish in Anglings Times or the pidgeon bags in some of the shooting papers.. At least(or I hope) the meat is consumed. A lot of the kill is often given to locals and trackers etc.
Jon R.

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
Having said that, I don't know what the leopard population numbers are like or the situation. There's a video on youtube of a guy killing an elephant with a single shot from a crossbow, and I couldn't see why, but apparently it had been destroying local people's crops and they got the meat.

Just think of the controversy we have over badger culls!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE