Adzes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alex.c

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2011
England
Hi,
I've been looking at getting an adze for bowl carving and have been looking at the Hans karlssson's adzes but at the moment at least i can't justify the price and I've seen some by some makers on hear but as i can't afford to take a risk spending the money on something that i don't know would suit my needs so dose anyone have any maker recommendations for specific bowl carving adzes on hear or should i just wait and get a karlsson.
Thanks.
Alex.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
The karlson ones are about the best commonly available ones for carving bowls, but as mentioned I make them too (and mine are based on the karlson ones ;) ). I can also make you just the metal part if you want to save money and make your own handle :D

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
I like what Dave said, making your own handle is a lot of fun and the tool has your own style then. And it is saving the budget too. Plus you help the local maker... ;)

alex.c

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2011
England
Thanks for the responses and i'll definitely consider dave when i get around to it and funds allow.:)
Cheers.
Alex.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE