Advice on collapsible stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 13, 2011
I v fallen totally for the Kifaru collapsible wood stove at 4lb & life guarentee . www,kifaru.net/stoves makers . Is it possible to get hold off these wood stoves in uk ? any one any idea where i culd even hunt a second hand one down ? any advice apprec

Last edited:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I v fallen totally for the Kifaru collapsible wood stove ... any advice apprec

My advice is don't get carried away by the hype.

"We use ONLY stainless steel for our body and pipes, because unlike sheet metal, stainless steel is much lighter and..."

What a load of tosh.

I must admit I quite liked the look of the "Sawtooth" shelter. Then I saw the price. :yikes:

May 13, 2011
Ged they aint tosh ! iv even watched the stove in use on utube & evry one who has purchased one is over the moon with it , also they come come with life guarentee ! at 4lb & no fuel to carry or buy again they are far from tosh buddy & il deffo be having one off these once i can find it for sale in uk or order from the suppliers if need be which i dont fancy the shipping costs. Any one selling one let me know thanks

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
I think you need to re-read what Ged has said, I don't think he was saying the stove is tosh. It seems to me he's referring to the statement used to market it, implying that stainless steel is lighter than some other unnamed metal.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I think you need to re-read what Ged has said, I don't think he was saying the stove is tosh. It seems to me he's referring to the statement used to market it, implying that stainless steel is lighter than some other unnamed metal.

Thank you, that's correct.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I read that statement on the website ages ago and couldn't get my head round stainless being lighter! They probably mean that by using stainless they can use thinner gauge sheet due to the corrosion resistance etc?

May 13, 2011
your spot on lewis its thinner gauge that makes it lighter but a high quality ensuring a life guarentee ! Its already trying to be copied but no one yet has got the weight down to as near as it at 4lb. This is a truely an amazing break through & now ideal for hiking solo as it even packs into its own flat pack bag which can attach to a bergan / rucksack . amazing got my thumbs up ! yh see what you mean ged about the steel verises stainless bud sory miss understanding mate

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE