advice on beaver tundra tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 21, 2007
North East Scotland
Hi all.
I came across your forum here when I was doing a search for Beaver/Bison Tundra Tipi Tent.
I am going to be purchasing a Tundra tent and am planning on going for a Tundra 8 and a bit worried it might be too big should i go for the 4? My criteria below:
I am not really a bushcraft person, I am a very keen fisherman and walker and enjoy the outdoors immensely. I think there's nothing better than being in the hills or the side of a river enjoying a brew from the kelly kettle.
Now for the tent:- I want it for a base camp so won't be carrying any real distance. It needs to accommodate 2 adults, the occasional niece or nephew, 2 dogs and all that comes along with that.
I noticed that a few people here have recenty bought these tents so any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Tundra 4, IMHO.

You also have to consider drying the tent after a trip. My Tinde 4 takes over most of the house when it's spread out to dry. :)

Feb 21, 2007
North East Scotland
Doc, thanks for the input.
I didn't think of the drying issue, but I am lucky to have a large drying room at home ( 20ft x 20ft x9ft) so shouldn't be a problem.
So today I went ahead and ordered the Tundra 8 decided it might be a bit big just now but am sure we will grow into it.
Thanks again for the help.
P.S. you have a great site here full of really great info. It's given me a lots of ideas for more fun and enjoyment of the outdoors.

Tintin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE