Advice on a trail camera

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Hi all I am thinking of buying a trail camera can anyone give me there advice on this? I would like it to take video and stills day and night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearbait

I have a Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Max that I have been quite pleased with. You can set it to do stills OR video and works day and night. Night pix/vids are in monochrome, day in colour. Can also be set to take images at a certain time of day/night without the sensor being triggered. Takes 12 AA batts. for longterm performance although will work on 4.

You'll no doubt get a number of recommendations. Check out the specs of each and decide what you want or need, e.g. sensor range, before coughing up your hard-earned.

If it's a short-term need you may be able to hire one.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
The Bushnells are best, I could afford them so got a couple of Acorn ones, getting on a bit now. 6mp and video (but not HD) range of the IR illumination is limited but you get some usable results.
I would expect the newer ones to be much better

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I have LTL Acorn. I have been very pleased with it for a couple of years. Been deployed months on end in all weathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE