Advertising

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Just popped in for a look about and a catch up and found a rather confusing new feature /deterent and wondered if it is as it should be? In that as I scroll through various threads not only am I offered encounters with women of dubious age:( in large boxes to the right and top/bottom of pages but now odd words in peoples indvidual posts are highlighted in green and underlined just like when cleverer people than me do a linky hidden behind the word rather than the full address, lo and behold its yet another advert box and not a link relating to the persons post at all, is this how it is supposed to appear?

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Ahem, checked browsing history clear conscience there:cool: it was more a question about the misleading highlighted words in peoples text content of the post, returning to the thread the words "women" in my OP and "browsing" in yours mountainm are now underlined and green? anyone know if I can filter this out please?

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Ahem, checked browsing history clear conscience there:cool: it was more a question about the misleading highlighted words in peoples text content of the post, returning to the thread the words "women" in my OP and "browsing" in yours mountainm are now underlined and green? anyone know if I can filter this out please?
I can understand that being annoying thankfully none of it appearing for me, no idea why.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
.... odd words in peoples indvidual posts are highlighted in green and underlined just like when cleverer people than me do a linky hidden behind the word rather than the full address, lo and behold its yet another advert box and not a link relating to the persons post at all,......?

Noticed some of those last evening on various posts, but have gone this monring, well ive not noticed any more anyway, not got any banner ad's though

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Absolutely no clue what you've come across :dunno:

I'll send this to Admin though and see if they can suss it out.

cheers,
Toddy

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Tone mentioned he was playing with that skimlink thing, perhapse its that, before the links were the same colour as normla user inserted links which was very annoying, I hate it when you hate to click through five different sites to hit the one the poster acctually inserted, ruins the experience.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Do you see this when you're logged in or when you browse to the site and you're not logged in. There's more advertising seen by visitors than members, you guys should see hardly any if you're logged in.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I saw it whilst logged in Tony, but ive not seen any since last evening, if i see it again, i'll take a screen shot for you.

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Do you see this when you're logged in or when you browse to the site and you're not logged in. There's more advertising seen by visitors than members, you guys should see hardly any if you're logged in.

Aha, the logging in bit seems to be the key, members posts are back to normal and the banners and boxes to the right have gone.

Google Chrome about to be down-loaded......cheers Shewie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE