Adventure Overland 2024

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Hahah, Did you have a good time? We did a loooot of miles in ours doing N & NW Scotland too, from Devon earlier this year (Feb), it was stunning, very wet, but stunning. Had a Universal Joint reach it's limit part way up, but that was it luckily. But I always sit on the side of caution now :laugh:

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Ooo very nice!
I learnt about UJ's on the way :rofl: Thankfully a v nice garage in Kendal sorted us out same day and had us on the road in an hour (well, it was longer than an hour, but only because we talked landrovers for a while! :lol: )

Ours:

That pic was late last year, over Christmas we redid the back with extra storage, loads of insulation and made it a lot tidier looking... Downfall is we shrunk the bed size in the back and made it very cramped for the Scotland trip (ended up top and tailing).

We've got a roof tent now which has revolutionised the experience. Bedroom upstairs, dining and sitting room downstairs!

Loose plan is to one day change the roof for a pop top, but they're too dear for us currently..

TooManySpoons

Aug 22, 2024
Berkshire
Nice Landrovers! I do sometimes think I should have gone with a 110 instead of the NP300 (but then the tailgate does make a decent table :)).

I'll be heading up there on Thursday I think the campsite opened on Monday.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
We're here arrived late last night so had to hang out in the special pen...
We're now the next field from the social media trucks near a 6x6 defender, out wondering now though!

Reactions: TooManySpoons

TooManySpoons

Aug 22, 2024
Berkshire
I had a look around for six wheeled Defenders but didn’t see one.

I’m in the same field I think, there is motorcycle group at the far end.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
I had a look around for six wheeled Defenders but didn’t see one.

I’m in the same field I think, there is motorcycle group at the far end.
I think we're the next field away from the motorcycle group. There is a guy dick.van.hike (instagram handle), he's got a couple flags and a hammock on the roof of his white transit van, we're near opposite that!

@Broch ahh boo! :(

Last edited:

TooManySpoons

Aug 22, 2024
Berkshire
Dick Van Hike that's funny! Hope you had a good time I'm back home now after a great weekend.

What were the highlights for you?

I thought the Lizzybus talk was really good and they were such nice people. The Vans4Life group were quite something with all the lights and the karaoke!

I'll be booking onto a few overland tours next year I think in the UK I'll post when I've got them in the calendar.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE