Adjustable Three-legged Pot Stand Supplier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
At the risk of being called a Ray Mears groupie and one at that with too much kit to carry all ready, please put me out of my misery and confirm who manufactures and/or supplies (here in the UK) the adjustable three-legged pot stand used in the Wild Food series?

This is the heavy-duty looking one made of mild steel and with adjustable hook and chain for those lovely black cast-iron vessels.

Cheers

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
andyn said:
Hi "Ray Mears Groupie" :p

If its the same thing then they are being discussed here: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=18772

No, they are discussing something completely different. Perhaps I should start with the “cast-iron” pot supplier and take it from there. Upon reflection everything about the stand looked in proportion to those heavy cast stew pots anyway.

Cheers

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
andyn said:
Ahh misunderstood. So are you thinking more of a tripod with a chain hanging down from the top, for hanging the pots from? Rather than a pot stand?
I was really confused too. Not really a stand, more of a pot hanger. Description is all!! :rolleyes:

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
I think I have read about people using 4x4 ground anchor pins to make the stands.

Why not three four foot lengths of 12.5mm steel reinforcing rod from a builder's merchant. This should be as cheap as chips. Drive them into the ground with a stone approximately 4inches. Bind the tops together with some wire of chord, hang the pot on a length of heavy chain.

Should work.

Stewey. :D

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Here's our setup:

tripod.jpg

3 fencing pins. I did see these on Ebay earlier, £12 for 10, £6 postage, but I reckon you could probably pick them up from a builders merchant or a friendly contractor.

About 2 m of light chain from B&Q, along with 2 "S" hooks, about £5 altogether.

Dutch Oven was about £30 delivered from Ebay.

I really like the Dutch Oven. We've only had it for the last two trips and have cooked Jambalaya and Moroccan Lamb Casserole (for 6) and also baked bread and cakes. Not for backpacking, but great for luxury bushcraft. :lmao:

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
i forge my own. sort of loosely based around a Viking folding tripod. A tray ( an old B&Q BBQ) can be fitted if you cant put the fire on the floor. Have sold a couple to.
Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE