Adding Molle to a PLCE DPM bergan. Hand sew tips please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
As title, would like to add a couple of pouches to my bergan. Ive already got a karrimor predator 80-130 but the

bergan is really woking for me at the moment.

I want to do it myself and have most of the kit.

speedy stitcher (which i havent mastered yet), various threads and some webbing.

heres a pic roughly what i want to do, not so much under the pouches.

5bBePjyl.jpg

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I know you've said you wish to do this yourself, and all power to you but there is a nice shop in Brecon that does such mods.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
I know you've said you wish to do this yourself, and all power to you but there is a nice shop in Brecon that does such mods.

I can highly recommend DixiesCorner. Have used them for mods in the past and know a number of people who have used them and not a bad report from anyone

Very reasonably priced as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I've done this myself, although I hand sew three pouches along the bottom of the bergan and then sew three smaller pouches above them. All doner pouches were from a load vest. It worked really well, surviving extended trips into jungle. I used a small back bergan, cutting off the hip belt.

Materials used:

Sailing awl
Synthetic cat gut as thread
Metal thimble
Lots of swearing

It took me about 8hrs to do, spread over a week of evening sewing an hour or so at a time. Total cost about 10 quid.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

z_bumbi

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2016
Linköping, Sweden
i have a berghaus backpack with molle and I realy struggle to find a use for any larger molle pouches than a small one that fits a flashlight. I know that use and preferences is a personal thing but I would start with a mollepanel, butcher a sidepouch and sew some molle on the remaining backpanel of the pouch. if your use it then you allready have practised on sewing molle before you try it on the bergen and you still have the panel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE